Saturday, December 11, 2010

3 days, 3 Limits


Clint and I went to the Willapa to hunt the river side of The Point. We brought our Marsh rats and paddled to the river fork. We had high hopes, but did not see too much action. I took 2 bluebills, 1 widgeon, 1 teal and 3 buffleheads. We had some mallards before shooting time but they never got close. Nevertheless we learned a new spot and observed the geese trying to use the field.

The next day I turn around and head to the beach with Lito. The wind was holwing and raining sideways. We had widgeon on our side of the pond but they kept hanging up and never got close. We kept patient and actually was able to shoot our limits. I took a walk and jump shot a mallard and 2 shovelers. Finally tally for me was 2 bluebills, 1 mallard, and 3 shoveler and 1 bufflehead. Lito shot 1 bluebill and 1 golden eye and the rest were buffleheads. It was tons of fun even though we got soaked.

Sunday, I headed back out to meet Clint and Tim at the beach. The wind was howling and raining in sheets. We set up our decoys and hunkered down till shooting time. We had ducks in the decoys at shooting time and had a good shoot for the first hour. After that, the birds just wouldn't fly our way until the wind finally let up mid-morning. Clint and I took a walk to jump shoot and it payed off. I limited out at the marsh area. I took 1 shoveler, 1 mallard, and 5 widgeon. While we wre away from the blind, Tim limited out on widegeons. Clint also got his limit.

So this brings my total to 67 ducks and 2 geese:
7 Spoonies (Shovelers),
4 Buffleheads,
4 Bluebills (Scaup),
6 Mallards,
1 Gadwall,
1 Common Merganser,
10 Pintails,
8 Green-winged Teal,
26 Widgeon,
1 Speckle Belly Goose,
1 Cackler Goose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home