Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gadwall


Shot my first Gadwall on Saturday with Tim and Clint at the beach spot. After discussing the weather with Clint, we decided that the blind would be the place to be. Luckily the forecast was right. The wind was perfect and gusting and the birds worked nicely to our advantage. The Gadwall was the second bird I shot in the morning. Cool looking bird and I decided then that I will have it mounted.


We did end up shooting our limits of ducks. I shot my 6 widgeon and the gadwall. Tim had 6 widgeon and a pintail. Clint got a mallard and 6 widgeon. It was an incredible morning. We had the widgeon working to our decoys perfectly. I couldn't ask for a better hunt with 2 of my best friends. Can't wait for the next hunt. The buffleheads are starting to come in.

So this brings my total to 38 ducks and 1 goose:
2 Spoonbill,
2 Mallards,
1 Gadwall,
1 Common Merganser,
8 Pintails,
6 Green-winged Teal,
18 Widgeon, and
1 Speckle Belly Goose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home