Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mo' shrimp


We got out for more shrimping. Motoring out of the launch, I noticed the starboard side engine running slower than the port engine. I looked at my fuel management and its telling me that its burning more fuel..almost half more. I still motored out to the shrimping grounds without any incident. But this definitely had me concerned.

On the way back the engine seemed to be in synch again. As we were motoring my hips hit the key for the port engine and shut the engine down. Mental note: do not hit the key. I popped the throttle back to neutral and turn the key and fired it up.

It was a minus 4 tide and every dock and ramp on the Hood Canal were high and dry. We tie up at the moorings in Twanoh and I even got to take a little nap. The cuddy in the boat was very comfortable. Anyway, we finally got the boat out and headed home.

As I was trying to flush the motors, the starboard engine now did not fire. At the fourth try it finally fired up. Needless to say, I took the boat to Puget Marina this morning for a fix. They're also going to do the 20 hours motor service and put new oil on my oil bath hubs. Hopefully, it will be ready before Wednesday when I make my way to Neah Bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home