Sunday, January 20, 2008

Spending sucks

Nothing really new to write about. I'm still accumulating my arsenal for this season's tuna runs. Every time I cross something off my list, I think of yet another new thing to add. It's a vicious cycle and the list is never ending. My latest obsession is to complete my ditch bag. I've got most of what I need...handheld vhf, strobe light, smoke, flares, whistle, light sticks, etc. The biggest expenditure is going to be on an EPIRB. They are at least $550 for a decent 406. I hope to get that next month.

I've got a Penn 133h coming from eBay. Getting gear from eBay has saved me a ton of money so far. I've been able to get a lot of 8 4.5 ounce jigs for less than 30 bucks. A lot of 6 cedar plugs for also less than 30 bucks. I've got one more Penn 113h reel to get and I'm done with halibut gear.

I also ordered a Leer 100XL canopy for the truck. Those fucking things are expensive. $1800 bucks for a shell to put over a truck. Insanity! But, for us it's a necessity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home