Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bubba Gump


Well, it's the first Saturday in May. That means Shrimping opener on the Hood Canal for us. We leave the house at 5:00 and get to Twanoh State Park a little after 6 a.m. To our surprise the gates were already open and there's only 4 trucks launching. We get the boat in the water with no issues and no stress - just the way I like it!

I finally got the check out the engine probes to the engine. I didn't calibrate anything, that'll have to wait when I have more time. At least now I know what kind of fuel burn I get with the engines. We also got to test the boat at load. We had six people on the boat with 3/4 tank of fuel and all our shrimping gear. All in all the boat did pretty well and we planed quickly. Our cruising speed was at about 24 MPH at 4500 RPMS.

OK, about the shrimping. Well, as expected limits came easy. It is the opener, so there were plenty of shrimp. The new pot puller worked great and was worth the investment, as well as the McKay pots. We had almost 100 pot averages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home