Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Paint Wars

What does an avid fisherman do on the off days? Play paintball! When I'm not fishing, I'm slingin’ paint at the Elma paintball field or playing in a 3-man beginner paintball team.

Paintballs flying at around 300 feet per second, hi-tech machine guns spitting 10 to 15 paintballs balls per second, folks diving and ducking behind inflatable bunkers – what else is there?

My 3-man beginner team did ok this season. The team is still coming together. We played in a 4 tournament series hosted by The Paintbal Store out of Olympia. We took 3rd overall with a 1st place finish and a 3rd place finish in two of the tourneys.

We rarely get to practice together, but it seems that the raw talent and skill of each of the players are enough to boost us into top five finishes when we play in the tourneys. I hope we can keep this kind of momentum going.

For now, I’m taking a break from paintball. I’ve got fishing in my brain and there’s not much room for anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home