Sunday, December 23, 2012

Maggie! Duck Dog in the Making

We finally decided to get a duck dog. While on a business trip recently, a colleague alerted me that a mutual friend just had a litter of Labrador puppies. When I got home, I contacted Evelyn and sure enough they have the kind of Lab I'm looking for; female, black, and not the big block head style. A few email exchanges later and we learned that the lineage is very good and coming from hunting parents and grandparents.

A private litter, hunting lineage, and from a family of serious hunters - we had to do it! It's too good to pass up. So things were set, Kandi and I drove to Colville, WA and picked out our Maggie. She's not quite ready to come home yet at 4.5 weeks. We will go back and bring her home Jan 21 when she will be 8 weeks old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home