Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mom and Dad Visit


Mom, Dad, Sis and her boyfriend came to visit us. Mom and Dad stayed with us for 2 weeks. I had originally planned to take them to Sekiu but canceled at the last minute when the weather threw us a curve ball. Plan B was to head to Astoria and fish the Buoy 10 fishery.

Even down there the weather was not that great. My crew got seasick right away the first day as we fished the Ilwaco area. So back at the dock at 9 a.m. and went sight-seeing for the rest of the day. The next day, I took my crew down to Chinook and fished calmer waters. We fished until about 2 a.m. for nothing. We got the big skunk on the Columbia River.

My parents are back home in Maryland. The season is winding down and soon it will be time to put the boat away. I have yet to get out for tuna since that last trip. The weather has been very uncooperative. I've missed 4 flat days due to work. It's frustrating. I may not have another window as the north wind is now sitting on the coast and most likely driving the warm water out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home